The “BlueVQL Ecosystem”
Since the year 2000 Voice-Insight has developed its core, patented VQL™ solution to allow natural voice query, update, and control of existing and new database applications.
- The technology has been applied to a number of industrial domains, for example, in the ‘Logistics and Supply Chain Management’ domain, Voice-Insight’s VQL for Logistics on the GO™ is a VQL™ SDK specifically aimed at logistics type applications.
- The result is a Solution Suite encompassing numerous work routines in the distribution, retail and logistic sector like voice controlled order picking (including refrigerated environments) in-coming goods inspection and quality control, shipping, food grading, and vehicle inspection.
VQL is an open software technology component that fits within a wider “BlueVQL” technology Ecosystem having other important elements:
- The audio chain plays a special and crucial role in addition to the more conventional elements. There is a need for different types of microphones to support different environmental conditions such as extremely low temperatures.
- Because headset wires typically experience high failure rates, Voice-Insight developed a voice recognition quality BlueTooth wireless headset to remove this single highest point of system failure.
- The BlueVQL-SmartTalk XP-based, rugged, wearable computer, developed in 2005, is fully compatible with the Voice-Insight Wireless Headset and works with a host of compatible peripheral/data capture devices such as BlueTooth barcode readers.
- Voice-Insight further develops its Ecosystem through a network of partners that disseminate VQL™ by implementing their own VQL™-enabled applications for their customers.
In summary main elements of the BlueVQL Ecosystem are: